Cambridge | Permanent
As we move through Q4, here at COEL we are looking to the future and the excellent growth plans we have in place. Part of our future mission is to continue to expand our business and bring new talent into our teams.
Due to this, we now seek a highly skilled and experienced Estimator who will play a crucial role in accurately assessing project costs and providing reliable estimates for construction and fit-out projects.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in construction and/or fit-out estimating, with a strong ability to read and understand drawings. We require the following Key Responsibilities and experience:
- Maintain and develop client relationships.
- Maintain sub-contractor and supplier databases.
- Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender, and send out RFIs where required.
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon return.
- Arrange and coordinate site inspections/surveys.
- Put together a tender submission, perform risk analysis, and review with Senior Estimator, Commercial Manager, and Sales Lead.
- Submit tenders on time and follow up.
- Work with the Sales Lead on D&B projects.
- Put together a detailed and accurate scope of work for pricing.
- Work with sub-contractors to ensure accurate scope of work.
- Pricing and preparation of a tender bid with the Sales Lead.
- Post tender queries, clarifications, and negotiations.
- Post-tender analysis.
- Preparation and handover to the project team on successful tenders.
- Attend post-completion wash-up meetings with the project team.
In addition to the above it is highly beneficial if you possess the knowledge and skills noted below:
- Proven experience in construction, and /or fit-out estimating with the ability to read and understand drawings.
- Strong understanding of construction processes.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and multi-task.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project.
- Experience with Eque2 Evaluate and Stratosphere take-off software would be an advantage, though not essential as training will be provided.
- M&E experience desired but not
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Dedicated, well-organised and reliable with great attention to detail.
A word on our culture…
Though we are a large, ever-evolving company, lucky enough to work on a wealth of fascinating and challenging projects, we are by no means a faceless corporate, and care very much for our staff.
Family-friendly, we see our employees as people, not numbers, so you never need to feel like a small cog in a big wheel.
Joining our team as an Estimator at Coel presents an exciting opportunity to work on diverse and challenging construction and fit-out projects.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive work environment that encourages professional growth and development.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Enhanced Paternity Pay
- Holiday Buy Scheme
- Pension Matching Scheme
- Pink Salary Exchange Scheme
- Private Healthcare Plan