Cambridge | Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to manage a single contract.
Under the direction of a project manager, you’ll be responsible for daily site management, including health and safety, direct labour and sub-contractors, to ensure the contract is delivered safely and on programme.
Are you an experienced Site Manager seeking a new challenge?
We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to manage a single contract, under the direction of a project manager, and ensure the contract is delivered safely and on programme. They are responsible for all the daily site management including health and safety, direct labour and sub-contractors.
- Ensuring projects are well managed and highly co-ordinated
- Ensuring all aspects of the build process are completed on time, and to the highest possible standards
- Ensuring all Health and Safety legislation is always complied with.
- Ensuring design specifications are being met during the construction process
- Ensuring relevant information is recorded accurately
- Ensuring all purchasing is done to the correct timeline
- Building strong relations and ensuring effective communication with clients, sub-contractors and colleagues
- Managing sub-contractors to ensure the highest standard of workmanship at all times
- Ensuring site Health and Safety requirements are met including all paperwork is up to date
- Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction
- Ensuring all site paperwork is kept complete and up to date
- Maintaining an accurate daily site diary
- Carry out regular toolbox talks
Prepared to go the extra mile to get the project over the line, including some early starts and late finishes and weekend working if necessary.
- Procore Management System knowledge an advantage
- Good site management
- Good IT skills including e-mail, Word and Excel
- Able to read and interpret drawings and programmes
- Thorough knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- High attention to detail
- Time management
- Good communication with contractors and client
- Work well under pressure
- Team motivation
- Basic knowledge of building contracts
- Basic knowledge of Building Regulations
It’s probably time to tell you a little about us. Founded more than 30 years ago, COEL is a leading commercial office design and fit out company based in Cambridge.
We have expertise in delivering exceptional workspaces, with specialist teams that cover every aspect of the process, from interior design to decorating, project management to plumbing. Quite simply, we exist to make working lives better!
There’s little chance of a dull moment working at COEL as we offer a dynamic and professional environment, collaborating with an array of brilliant clients, including well-known organisations across the private and public sector.
Though we are a large, ever-evolving company, lucky enough to work on a wealth of fascinating and challenging projects, we are by no means a faceless corporate, and care very much for our staff.
Family-friendly, we see our employees as people, not numbers, so you never need to feel like a small cog in a big wheel.
We are also a company with a conscience so are committed to giving back to the community and being as sustainable as possible in our practices.
If you join us, you’ll benefit from a team of supportive colleagues within a forward-thinking business that will nurture and progress your talent.
Our mission is to create spaces that improve productivity and promote happier and healthier lifestyles. Is it time to improve your life by joining our team?
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Enhanced Paternity Pay
- Holiday Buy Scheme
- Pension Matching Scheme
- Salary/Electric Car Exchange Scheme
- Private Healthcare